Sunday, March 6, 2011

In the Lab

Up in the lab tonight with the LLTINT crew. Here's a little peek at a new design we'll be printing soon. It's a 1-color print, but incorporates a heavily distressed ship and waves as a background. Over that is hand-drawn lettering and a bad-ass illustration of a tatted up sailor. Renown for Holding it Down.

We had to print on two separate transparencies to get the oversize look. In the process we messed up a transparency, which worked out for me. I took the opportunity to try a process I learned from co-worker/photographer Terry Amburgey. He had shown me some prints he did of black and white photos he printed onto transparencies, then placed over a textured background.
It came out pretty fresh, now I need to find a good background.

No comments:

Post a Comment